Begin or End Your Day With This Stunning View!
751 Chidester Avenue, Glen Ellyn, IL
Own one of the only true, waterfront homes in Glen Ellyn. This former builder’s residence was designed as a Prairie Style Craftsman with every amenity thoughtfully executed; from custom cabinetry, stained glass, counters, fixtures, heated flooring and driveway. Step inside and you see that the living room, kitchen, master bedroom, screened porch, terrace and outdoor fireplace were all designed to display a magnificent view of Perry’s Pond, whose mineral spring water originally brought resort builders and vacationers to Glen Ellyn in 1890. The area is so special that Julia Roberts filmed a scene in her documentary “Old Friends” on the tastefully landscaped lawn. Despite being just a short distance to town, Lake Ellyn and Glenbard West High School, 751 Chidester sits next to dozens of forested acres which are a preferred refuge for wildlife including ducks, herons, deer, fish, turtles–and thousands of years ago––even Mastodons. (One found here in 1963 now resides at Wheaton College)
Featuring 5 bedrooms and 4.5 baths, this home is loaded with superb amenities which include:
- Custom quarter sawn oak millwork.
- Custom leaded glass windows.
- First floor master suite with huge closet and spa like bath that includes radiant heat flooring, oversized shower with body sprays, illuminated mirrors, towel warmer and luxurious soaking tub.
- Radiant heat, painted and polished concrete floor in the basement.
- Full bath in basement with steam shower.
- Four fireplaces, one of which is outside on the terrace.
- Screened Porch.
- Custom inlay details in flooring, cabinets and millwork.
- Stone terrace with wide stairs that lead to the back lawn and a built in grill.
- Optional in-law suite.
- Spacious basement with second family room, pool table room, exercise room, bedroom, party kitchen and second study.
- Large storage spaces of which a dog bath is located in one of the rooms.
- Exterior access to the outside from the basement.
- Large laundry/mud room area that includes a deep pantry and a convienent small office nook.
- Heated driveway.
See the Video Tour here and visit 751 Chidester’s featured listings page on this website at: https://www.ritter-properties.com/property/il/60137/glen-ellyn/glen-ellyn/751-chidester-avenue/5d0da02a216251bbd469fce9/
Fun Facts On This Property:
- In 1962, a Mastodon…yes…a Mastodon was found in the pond and is now on display at Wheaton College. See details here: https://www.wheaton.edu/community/perry-mastodon/discovery/
- In 2002, Julia Roberts came to Glen Ellyn to do an A&E documentary on thee ladies in their 90’s who were lifelong friends. A portion of that documentary was filmed at 751 Chidester.
Please contact me to arrange a private showing of this magnificent home or with further questions. Deb@Ritter-Properties.com or 630-918-4476.